Welcome to our nursery! This is where you will find our litters of available puppies, listed by their parents' names, with the mother's name first, descriptions and PayPal buttons so you can place a half-down deposit on a puppy, or pay for it in full. We do not reserve puppies with just a verbal request without a financial commitment on your part, and we do not refund deposits, although we will happily transfer your deposit to another available puppy of your choosing, or hold it for one in a future litter. We highly recommend that you DO put a deposit on the pup you want, BEFORE you leave home to come see it. As long as its PayPal button remains active, someone else can use it to buy the pup - it's immediately deactivated upon being used. We've had people come, buy with cash and take a pup home, then found out it had simultaneously been sold online - so we had to refund the online buyer's money. When you buy from the website, please call and let us know so we don't inadvertently sell it to someone else at the same time!
If we don't already have the puppy you'd like to have, you may send a deposit to firstname.lastname@example.org through PayPal for $500 (plus $20 PayPal fee) and a note that it's for your preferred gender, coat, color and pattern, and we'll do our best to produce that particular pup for you. If you'd rather, you may send a $5oo check made to Janet Flick, with a filled-out copy of our contract, to our address printed on it. We do take requests!
PLEASE read our contract BEFORE you send money, making sure you understand and agree to ALL of the terms because your payment implies that you do and agree to be bound by it, whether you have signed a physical contract yet or not. If you wish, you may print the contract, complete your information and the information about the pup you want, then mail it to us with a copy of your driver's license.
The PayPal button for each pup will have a drop-down menu of payment options, including:
1. half-down + PayPal fee,
2. payment in full + PayPal fee,
3. half-down + $75AKC + PayPal fee,
4. payment in full + $150AKC + PayPal fee.
Each pup is individually priced, and any Scratch & Dent pup (kinked tail, under/over-bite, etc.) will NOT have AKC papers offered. We only do FULL AKC registration, not limited, so it's all or nothing, and breeding rights are included in that.
We offer a 10% discount to active-duty, reserves, and retired military, and a 10% discount to senior citizens (65 and older), both with suitable identification (current driver's license, military ID, and/or DD214). The discount does not apply if you are buying a pup FOR someone who would qualify for it if THEY were buying the pup, such as a non-senior buying a gift pup for their elderly parents. The ID and discount apply only to the buyer, not to the intended recipient.
ONLY ONE DISCOUNT APPLIES PER PUPPY, and if the pup is listed as discounted already, as with a Scratch & Dent puppy or during a sale, NO OTHER discount will apply.
Ready dates are when the litter is 8 weeks old and can LEGALLY go home, according to Colorado state law. No puppy will be released until that date, so please do not ask to have yours early. Our visitation hours are by appointment only from 2:00 - 4:00 p.m. daily - NO WALK-INS. Please call or email to make your appointment: the phone number is 719-783-2955, and the email is email@example.com.
Pups are numbered within their litter: 1F, 3M, etc. with their description. F= female, M = male, SM = smooth, LH = longhair, WH = wirehair. When writing to ask about a specific pup, please also give the parents' names so we know which "2F" you're referring to!
We currently have the following deposits awaiting fulfillment, and they take precedence when the appropriate puppies are born:
Tom B - deposit on a male clear-cream LH.
Lisa D - deposit on a standard-size female.
Lois B - deposit on a male WH from Tootsie Roll's litter.
Tom & Suzanne - deposit on a female WH from Tootsie Roll's litter.
Kari F - deposit on a female blue & tan or black & tan dapple LH.
Eden N - deposit on a male English cream from Harriette & Sergio's litter.
James H - deposit on a male blue & tan, or a cream LH from Harriette's litter.
Katy H - paid in full for a female SM from this July's litters.
Roger & Valerie M - deposit on a female.
Kathryn T. - 2 deposits on dappled females from Ki-Mera or Blueberry.
Ronda P - wants a SM retiree, either sex, any color.
Sidra Rose G - deposit on a female.
IF WE HAVE MISSED LISTING YOUR DEPOSIT, PLEASE EMAIL & REMIND US!
BORN 5-14, READY TO GO HOME 7-9 - ANNA & BANDIT
ANNA is a red brindle piebald longhair daughter of Annie Oakley (light red dapple piebald) & Sam (black & tan brindle pie), both longhairs. BANDIT is a masked red longhair, the son of Goldie (a wheaten wirehair) & Cupid (red brindle smooth, carrying pie and cream). Masking creates the black on Bandit's face, a trait he inherited from Cupid, who is also masked. Since both Anna and Bandit are longhairs, all of their pups will be, too. We HAVE deposits on ALL the puppies from this litter, first come - first served! We'll have more pups next month, though, so please scroll down.
1F masked, shaded light-red longhair with piebald marks. ADOPTED BY TOM & SUZANNE!!!
2F masked, shaded-red longhair, with white pie markings. ADOPTED BY DIANA R.!!!
3M masked, shaded-red longhair, with white pie markings. ADOPTED BY BROOKE!!!
BORN 6-10, READY TO GO HOME 8-5 - KALI & TANNER
KALI is an isabella & tan longhair daughter of Baby (smooth piebald blue & tan) & Rambo (chocolate & tan longhair). TANNER is a smooth isabella & tan, the son of Heather (smooth isabella piebald) & Caramel (isabella & tan longhair, whose sire, AJ, went all the way to Australia to spread Flickennel genetics "Down Under"). We won't be able to tell coat types until they're around three weeks old, but this is the ONLY litter due this month that MIGHT produce smooth-coats. In case you can't tell from the pictures, "isabella" or fawn is the dilute of chocolate and looks like coffee or tea with cream added - a lovely soft light-brown. Diluted or not, chocolate is the most-recessive color, requiring both color-genes in each dog be chocolate; so two chocolate dogs can ONLY produce chocolate puppies.
DUE 7-12 - HARRIETTE & SERGIO
HARRIETTE is a longhair red daughter of Dusk (red longhair, daughter of Blue Dove and granddaughter of Cash) and Harry (imported English cream longhair). SERGIO is a longhair English cream. All pups will be longhairs, and we hope to have English cream pups, although we could see red, too - Sergio has never produced any other colors for us but cream and red, all beautiful dogs. Harriette's mother was also a hidden dapple, so we could have dapple pups, as well. We have prior deposits on English cream pups that will take precedence over any new deposits - you'll have to wait for your turn!
4M masked cream longhair - ADOPTED BY AIMEE, ADAM & MIA!!!
Our waiting list is growing daily, so you need to climb on board "yesterday"! In other words, the sooner, the better - you snooze, you lose! To be placed on our waiting list, please do the following:
1. Read and print our online contract, fill out your information, and if we have litters or upcoming litters listed, include in the litter information the names of the parents, the gender, coat-type (smooth or longhair), and pattern of the pup you would prefer. Sign the contract with your legal signature and date it.
2. Either obtain a $500 cashier's check made out to "Janet Flick," to be mailed with the contract, OR "Send money" in the amount of $520 (so it includes the "convenience fee" of $20) through PayPal to "firstname.lastname@example.org," and include a note that it's for a pup of your desired gender and/or coat-type and pattern, along with the parents' names if you know which litter you'd prefer. Male pups are priced starting at $1400, females at $1500, with English creams priced starting at $1900 and $2000, respectively, with clear creams at $2500 and $2600, unless the buyer qualifies for one of our 10% discounts - senior citizen, or military. If full AKC registration is desired, it is another $150, and the discount does not include the AKC amount, just the base price of the pup. Deposits are non-refundable, and count toward the final purchase price of the pup you eventually buy. Any ensuing payments of the balance amount made through PayPal shall include $4 per $100 of the payment, for the PayPal fee, as arranged through Janet Flick.
If you would rather send your deposit through PayPal, for a
currently unborn puppy, please use this REUSABLE button,
and let us know what sort of puppy you would like to have!
3. Mail the signed contract and cashier's check to the address at the top of it. If you pay through PayPal, please email us your scanned contract, or call 719-783-2955 and let us know! PayPal used to notify us, but have stopped that practice, so we're in the dark whenever anyone sends money, unless he/she lets us know - we try to check our email throughout the day, but don't always have time. We'd hate to promise your new pup to someone else because we didn't know you'd made your deposit!
4. If you would rather adopt an older dog, please let us know which gender and any other particulars you would prefer. That way, Janet can keep you in mind when she chooses the dogs to retire. Sometimes we have a younger male or female that simply doesn't pan-out as a breeder, or a mom has a bad c-section and has to be spayed as a result, so you could wind up with a younger adult. Adoptable Adults vary in price, depending on age and other factors, so you'll just have to make your wishes known to us in an email, then wait until we have one ready to retire to your lap so we can let you know its price. They're always FAR cheaper than a puppy.
5. We are not meeting anyone halfway to deliver a puppy. Janet is on oxygen and is "over 65," putting her in the high-risk category, so she is not making any trips away from the kennel that don't absolutely have to be made. People drive to the kennel from the Dakotas, Wyoming, California, Arizona, Texas - and even farther than that! - so, sorry, but we're not meeting you halfway to some place in Colorado.
If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask! We look forward to adding you to our happy Flickennel Family!
(Sorry for the blurry photos this time - the pups were wiggly and bouncing around - we did the best we could!)
1F isabella & tan, looking longhair.
$1500 + $150 for full AKC registration if desired. ADOPTED by the Webster Family!!!
2F isabella & tan piebald, looking longhair.
$1500 + $150 for full AKC registration if desired.
ADOPTED BY MICHAEL, TEALA, MIA & TRISTAN!
3M isabella & tan piebald, looking smooth.
$1400 + $150 for full AKC registration if desired.
ADOPTED BY ALLIE & EDWARD of DENVER!!!
5M isabella & tan dapple piebald, looking longhair.
$1400 + $150 for full AKC registration if desired.
ADOPTED BY MARY & DENNIS McM. of AURORA!!!
Our PayPal button format is changing with this litter, listing as options the $500 deposit, the balance payment after deposit, or payment for it in full, and THIS SEPARATE button for optional AKC registration on the dog of your choice - just make sure your pup is not a Scratch & Dent pup disqualified from having full AKC registration. This button is reusable, so buy your pup with its button, and use THIS one if you want it registered with the American Kennel Club.
Taking puppy pictures is exasperating - dealing with wiggling, squirming, LIVE creatures as well as finicky cameras that choose when THEY want to flash - or not! All of these pups are actually the coffee & cream shade, not reddish!
- Eleanor Rose is my new name!
DUE 7-21 - TOPSY & BOSTON
TOPSY is one of our very-reliable mamas, faithfully giving us colorful piebald puppies. She's a smooth chocolate extreme-pie (mostly white) daughter of Tracy (smooth chocolate pie) & Fats Domino (smooth black & tan brindle pie), with longhair in her ancestry, and she carries it. BOSTON is also a smooth chocolate pie carrying longhair - he's out of Squeekers (longhair American cream pie) & Dash (smooth blue & cream pie), so he also carries dilute. With two chocolate pie parents, the pups will ONLY be chocolate and piebald, with a possibility of smooth or longhair - we won't know the coat types for sure until the pups are about three weeks old.
Jason & Denisse McM have FIRST PICK of this litter.
DUE 7-22 - TOOTSIE ROLL & BLIZZARD
TOOTSIE ROLL is a solid-chocolate wirehair out of Cookie (chocolate & tan wire) & Bosco (smooth solid-chocolate, no tan points). BLIZZARD, son of Cayenne (smooth red-roan extreme-pie) & Justin (light-red dapple extreme-pie wire), was born almost pure-white, but gradually 'grew' some pale-peach spots typical of an American cream dapple piebald. He is also a wirehair, and has the doxie's long body to the extreme, while Tootsie is a bit shorter. Since both parents have one wire and one smooth parent, we could see both coat types, developing after the pups are three weeks old - and sometimes wirehair doesn't show until the pup is some months old - surprise! But by then you'll be so in love with your puppy, you will be thrilled to find out its quirky personality is because of its wiry coat! They are the clowns of the dachshund tribe, as well as the most terrier-like hunters, always on the lookout for rodents - watch out if you have pet hamsters and such. We may also have dapple and piebald patterns - Tootsie's mom's clan were all pies, but Blizzard's dominant red and black/blue ancestry will reign over her recessive chocolate color and give red or black pups in various patterns.
Tootsie Roll Blizzard